Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki in New York For World Tennis Day Tuesday.


 
Serena Williams (left) and Caroline Wozniacki pose for a selfie as they gather on the eve of World Tennis Day
Photo: Getty Images
Serena Williams (left) and Caroline Wozniacki pose for a selfie as they gather on the eve of World Tennis Day



Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki marked World Tennis Day on Tuesday by playing a match at Madison Square Gardens, New York with Gael Monfils and Stan Wawrinka to mark the eve of the occasion
The event was shortly before Maria Sharapova announced she failed a drug test at the Australian Open in January
Serena ... 'As Maria says, she's ready to take responsibility, and that takes a lot of courage and heart'


 Stan Wawrinka (left) and Gael Monfils (right) joined Williams and Wozniacki at the event in New York
Stan Wawrinka (left) and Gael Monfils (right) joined Williams and Wozniacki at the event in New York

Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki were among the tennis stars who gathered in New York on Monday on the eve of World Tennis Day - shortly before Maria Sharapova stunned the sport by announcing she failed a drugs test.
Williams and Wozniacki were pictured alongside Gael Monfils and Stan Wawrinka in New York on Monday.
To mark World Tennis Day on Tuesday, Williams will play Wozniacki at Madison Square Gardens, while Monfils will take on French Open champion Wawrinka.



 The four players pose for a picture together at the event on the day before World Tennis Day
The four players pose for a picture together at the event on the day before World Tennis Day
 'I know there will be consequences and I don't want to end my career this way. I really hope I will be given another chance to play tennis again. I can't blame anyone but myself. I have let my fans down.'



 Williams posted a selfie alongside her friend Wozniacki from the gathering on Monday evening

Williams posted a selfie alongside her friend Wozniacki from the gathering on Monday evening



Williams (left) and Wozniacki speak to the audience during the celebration in New York on Monday   
Williams (left) and Wozniacki speak to the audience during the celebration in New York on Monday
'I know there will be consequences and I don't want to end my career this way. I really hope I will be given another chance to play tennis again. I can't blame anyone but myself. I have let my fans down.'

Williams and Wozniacki sign autographs for fans during the event at Essex House in New York on Monday
Williams and Wozniacki sign autographs for fans during the event at Essex House in New York on Monday


The four players are scheduled to play matches in New York on Tuesday for World Tennis Day   
The four players are scheduled to play matches in New York on Tuesday for World Tennis Day

Sharapova (right) failed her drugs test the day she was beaten by Williams at the Australian Open   
Photo: Getty Images
Sharapova (right) failed her drugs test the day she was beaten by Williams at the Australian Open   
 'I take responsibility for my professionalism in my job and I made a big mistake.

Serena Williams attended press conference on Tuesday and spoke about Maria Sharapova's drug admission
Serena Williams attended press conference on Tuesday and spoke about Maria Sharapova's drug admission

Williams gave her reaction to the Sharapova's news, later on Tuesday. She praised the 'courage' of Maria Sharapova after the Russian announced at a press conference on Monday night that she had failed a drugs test for meldonium.


 The world No 1 said she believed her rival has done the right thing to make a public admission of guilt  
The world No 1 said she believed her rival has done the right thing to make a public admission of guilt
'As Maria says, she's ready to take responsibility, and that takes a lot of courage and heart. She's always shown courage and heart (in tennis) and it's no different.'


 Credit: latestnewsvideos
 Lets us know what you think of this article. Like? Dislike? Funny? Interesting? Cool?  Drop us a line to help us give you a better reading experience


    

No comments:

Post a Comment